Saturday Aug 26, 2023
Saturday Aug 26, 2023
This week on Dopey! After years apart - Dopey Original, Jessa Reed is back! And she definitely brought the dopey with her update on managing her lyme disease and then launching into her rich history of addiction and recovery!
Some topics we cover:
- people pleasing
- miscarriage and the "galactic bus station"
- first drug use - the result of not wanting to participate in a magic-less, mundane reality
- mom shooting up her Ritalin,
- Childhood ADHD
- chronic running away from home
- DXM OD aftermath
- LSD at church, born again
- Drunken lying
- The meth community being a safe space for awakening
- trying to do stand-up on meth... driving on meth...
- routes of administration (OG boof-er)
- "reality is a reflection of an internal experience"
- reality algorithms and manifestation
- dream reality
PLUS Ben Anderson from the Park City Song Summit gives us a day by day breakdown of the upcoming Park City Song Summit. September 7th-9th!
More About Dopey:
Dopey Podcast is the world’s greatest podcast on drugs, addiction and dumb shit. Chris and I were two IV heroin addicts who loved to talk about all the coke we smoked, snorted and shot, all the pills we ate, smoked, all the weed we smoked and ate, all the booze we consumed and all the consequences we suffered. After making the show for 2 and a half years, Chris tragically relapsed and died from a fentanyl overdose. Dopey continued on, at first to mourn the horrible loss of Chris, but then to continue our mission - which was at its core, to keep addicts and alcoholics company. Whether to laugh at our time in rehab, or cry at the worst missteps we made, Dopey tells the truth about drugs, addiction and recovery. We continually mine the universe for stories rife with debauchery and highlight serious drug taking and alcoholism. We also examine different paths toward addiction recovery. We shine a light on harm reduction and medication assisted treatment. We talk with celebrities and nobodies and stockpile stories to be the greatest one stop shop podcast on all things drugs, addiction, recovery and comedy!